Thursday, March 27, 2014

March 27

Some Important Updates:
  • A permission slip is coming home today for a field trip to Circa 21.  We are going to see the play, Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing. This play happens to also be in our reading anthology book. 
  • The Home and School is covering our bus fee, so the $7.50 is the cost of the ticket. We are asking that students bring a lunch, since we will be back after our lunch time has started. Students are welcome to bring a drink, or they may purchase milk that day.
  • On April 10 we will be visiting Assumption High School. A permission slip will be coming home later. 
  • We are into fractions in math. We are working on identifying equivalent fractions, and putting them in simplest form.
  • Reminder that next Friday is our state and capital quiz for the Midwest region. Also, National Park projects are due by the end of next week, or anytime now as they are completed.
  • The Iditaread ends Monday! I need to turn in all baseball ticket orders to Mrs. Rouse by then. 
So far 11 students have completed the Iditarod trail! There is still time to get to Nome!

Meet Your Teacher:

Welcome to 4th grade. I am Mrs. Susan Smith. This will be my 24rd year teaching at Lourdes Catholic School! I can hardly believe it. I taught 5th grade, 1st grade, and now, this is my seventh year in 4th grade. I love teaching and every year brings new and exciting challenges.I am a graduate of Drake University with a degree in elementary education and a minor in social studies. I believe that every student is special and brings their own uniqueness to our classroom. I look forward to a great year.