Thursday, February 20, 2014

February 20

  • Tomorrow is the spelling test, and packet is due.
  • Math homework is PB pages 89-90
  • Electronics Party is tomorrow- they may bring electronics and play appropriate games. I told them they could also bring Kindles or Nooks for reading books.  I will have I-pads for those who do not bring something from home.
  • Please remember permission slips for the Field Trip.
  • Please Note: Today I sent home a book order for March. Attached is a coupon for a free book with a $10 purchase. We earned the coupons because of the total of February's order. Students do not have to order, I sent it home as a choice. The coupon expires 3-31, so I wanted to be sure and give the opportunity to those who wanted it. I would like orders returned by March 4.

Meet Your Teacher:

Welcome to 4th grade. I am Mrs. Susan Smith. This will be my 24rd year teaching at Lourdes Catholic School! I can hardly believe it. I taught 5th grade, 1st grade, and now, this is my seventh year in 4th grade. I love teaching and every year brings new and exciting challenges.I am a graduate of Drake University with a degree in elementary education and a minor in social studies. I believe that every student is special and brings their own uniqueness to our classroom. I look forward to a great year.