Thursday, February 13, 2014

February 13, 2014

Happy Thursday! Today everyone is excited about the upcoming 4 day weekend, the Valentine's Party, and free dress! Plus we had a pep rally with Assumption! This makes for a fun day!
  • We have been reading The Chocolate Touch this week, which is appropriate for Valentine's Day. We will complete this book next week. 
  • We are beginning to wrap up Chapter 7 in Social Studies. This will complete the Southern Region and then we will move to the Midwest.
  • We continue to work on Division in Math. We are looking at division using continuous subtraction  and with using partial quotients. Once they understand this, when we get to long division, it should make sense and come more easily.
  • We will be working on adjectives and prepositions. We also will be working on finding the main idea of informative text.
  •  In Religion we will take a break from the Commandments for a chapter and focus on the Liturgy.
  • Reminder that we will lead the Mass on Wednesday, the 19th.
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and a lovely Valentine's Day.

Meet Your Teacher:

Welcome to 4th grade. I am Mrs. Susan Smith. This will be my 24rd year teaching at Lourdes Catholic School! I can hardly believe it. I taught 5th grade, 1st grade, and now, this is my seventh year in 4th grade. I love teaching and every year brings new and exciting challenges.I am a graduate of Drake University with a degree in elementary education and a minor in social studies. I believe that every student is special and brings their own uniqueness to our classroom. I look forward to a great year.