Monday, October 14, 2013

October 14

Just a few updates for the week:
  • Be sure your child knows if they will be ordering the pizza lunch on Friday. The lunchroom needs a count by Wednesday, or they have to bring a cold lunch.
  • The Social Studies test will be Friday for 4A. We will finish and highlight tomorrow.
  • The reading contract for Fiction 1 is due Friday.
  • They are to know a Mystery Recorder Song for Friday for Music class.
  • I sent home a paper today that explains the Literature Festival. The authors will have books for sale and students are welcome to bring money to purchase. The authors will be available to autograph the books. Buying books is an option.

Meet Your Teacher:

Welcome to 4th grade. I am Mrs. Susan Smith. This will be my 24rd year teaching at Lourdes Catholic School! I can hardly believe it. I taught 5th grade, 1st grade, and now, this is my seventh year in 4th grade. I love teaching and every year brings new and exciting challenges.I am a graduate of Drake University with a degree in elementary education and a minor in social studies. I believe that every student is special and brings their own uniqueness to our classroom. I look forward to a great year.