Wednesday, September 11, 2013

September 11

This is the dough recipe for the landform maps we will be making in Social Studies. Each student will need to make one recipe of the dough and bring it to school.
PLEASE DO NOT COLOR THE DOUGH- we will be painting it according to a map key.
Thank you. Please try to have the dough here by Monday, the 16th.
Recipe:
2 cups of flour
2 cups of water
1 cup of salt
4 teaspoons of cream of tartar ( it is in the spice aisle)
2Tablespoons of vegetable oil
Cook, stirring constantly until dough forms a ball.
Place the dough in a ziplock bag with your name on it.
This is a very smooth dough, and it is not sticky.

Meet Your Teacher:

Welcome to 4th grade. I am Mrs. Susan Smith. This will be my 24rd year teaching at Lourdes Catholic School! I can hardly believe it. I taught 5th grade, 1st grade, and now, this is my seventh year in 4th grade. I love teaching and every year brings new and exciting challenges.I am a graduate of Drake University with a degree in elementary education and a minor in social studies. I believe that every student is special and brings their own uniqueness to our classroom. I look forward to a great year.