Thursday, September 19, 2013

September 19



Tonight the students are bringing home their first math test. Overall, I was
quite pleased with how they did. It was the first test that they took, using
our new math series. Question 17 gave them a hard time, and I do not think
they had had a lot of exposure to what it was asking. I typed the question
and today we went over exactly what it was asking them to do. I then let
them mark the paper. Those who got the question correct had their scores
adjusted.
Next week we will take a test over the first Social Studies chapter. We have
made our salt dough maps and they are drying. Next week they will paint them
in art. A study guide will be coming home for the test.
Be sure to see the science test that came home, sign and return. This lets
us know that they showed it to you.

Meet Your Teacher:

Welcome to 4th grade. I am Mrs. Susan Smith. This will be my 24rd year teaching at Lourdes Catholic School! I can hardly believe it. I taught 5th grade, 1st grade, and now, this is my seventh year in 4th grade. I love teaching and every year brings new and exciting challenges.I am a graduate of Drake University with a degree in elementary education and a minor in social studies. I believe that every student is special and brings their own uniqueness to our classroom. I look forward to a great year.