Saturday, September 7, 2013

August 7, 2013

It was a short week, and we are already enjoying another warm weekend.
Important upcoming dates to keep in mind- Tuesday the Science study guide is due and the test is September 17. They will be reviewing and discussing the study guide with Mrs. Little.
Friday, September 13, we will have our first math test. We will complete Subtraction and Problem Solving and then review the rest of the week. The test will cover place value and addition and subtraction. I will send home review sheets.
We are studying landforms in Social Studies. A recipe will be coming home for salt dough. Each student will bring a ball of the dough to school and we will create landform maps of the United States. Be looking for the recipe next week, and I will also post it on the blog.
We are learning to read with a partner. This builds fluency, helps with comprehension, and helps with our listening skills. We are reading the book, Sarah, Plain and Tall, to start. Each student reads a page and then the other student retells what they heard their partner read.
The graffiti pages are coming along, and looking really great!
Maybe I will see some of you at the Fall Festival on Sunday. Enjoy your weekend!

Meet Your Teacher:

Welcome to 4th grade. I am Mrs. Susan Smith. This will be my 24rd year teaching at Lourdes Catholic School! I can hardly believe it. I taught 5th grade, 1st grade, and now, this is my seventh year in 4th grade. I love teaching and every year brings new and exciting challenges.I am a graduate of Drake University with a degree in elementary education and a minor in social studies. I believe that every student is special and brings their own uniqueness to our classroom. I look forward to a great year.