Friday, August 30, 2013

August 30

We have had a busy week! Everyone agreed that a plus of being downstairs is that it was very cool all week and we did not have the noise of the air conditioners!
We are beginning to talk about genre in literature. We took notes on the characteristics of poetry.
We watched the movie, Stone Fox and compared the book to the movie. There were a lot of differences.
We have been rounding numbers in math and worked on renaming numbers. Next week we will continue working with whole numbers, adding and subtracting. After next week we will be completing chapter one.
We will begin work on the Beatitudes in Religion.
Next week we begin going to Library and Computer. Everyone is excited about adding these specials to our routine.
Have a great three day weekend, and stay cool!

Meet Your Teacher:

Welcome to 4th grade. I am Mrs. Susan Smith. This will be my 24rd year teaching at Lourdes Catholic School! I can hardly believe it. I taught 5th grade, 1st grade, and now, this is my seventh year in 4th grade. I love teaching and every year brings new and exciting challenges.I am a graduate of Drake University with a degree in elementary education and a minor in social studies. I believe that every student is special and brings their own uniqueness to our classroom. I look forward to a great year.