Wednesday, January 8, 2014

January 8

Happy New Year! This really was a very long Christmas Break. I hope everyone is well rested and ready for the second semester.
Mrs. Little has asked me to let you know that she has given an assignment for the Nutrition unit that they will be doing next week. She has asked each student to bring in 2 nutrition labels from any food. She would like these by Tuesday.
We began chapter 4 in Math. This chapter is over Division.
We are on chapter 6 in Social Studies. We are covering the Southeast and Gulf states.
Reminder that the Southern National Park project is due January 21, and this is also the date of the state and capital map quiz.
There is no Spelling this week, due to the short week.
We began a unit on Poetry today in Reading.
Continue to stay warm!

Meet Your Teacher:

Welcome to 4th grade. I am Mrs. Susan Smith. This will be my 24rd year teaching at Lourdes Catholic School! I can hardly believe it. I taught 5th grade, 1st grade, and now, this is my seventh year in 4th grade. I love teaching and every year brings new and exciting challenges.I am a graduate of Drake University with a degree in elementary education and a minor in social studies. I believe that every student is special and brings their own uniqueness to our classroom. I look forward to a great year.