Saturday, August 24, 2013

August 23

We are off to a great start in 4th grade. The students are doing a wonderful job of settling into routines.
Friday we discussed Student Council. Beginning in 4th grade, we elect a Student Council Representative and an alternate. The person elected attends the monthly meeting and reports back to our class. They can also present ideas that we may have to offer to the Student Council officers.
Any student interested in being our class representative or alternate may give a small speech on Wednesday to the class. They should tell us why they would make a good representative for our class. We will vote and elect our class representative on Wednesday.
I have our blog updated! I added class photos and inserted important dates and our class schedule.
Be sure to check us out!

Meet Your Teacher:

Welcome to 4th grade. I am Mrs. Susan Smith. This will be my 24rd year teaching at Lourdes Catholic School! I can hardly believe it. I taught 5th grade, 1st grade, and now, this is my seventh year in 4th grade. I love teaching and every year brings new and exciting challenges.I am a graduate of Drake University with a degree in elementary education and a minor in social studies. I believe that every student is special and brings their own uniqueness to our classroom. I look forward to a great year.